-My Friend Tim Curry has such an interesting filmography of characters, from subtly arrogant butlers to outrageously creepy clowns. They always have this charming yet sinister aura about them, though I’m guessing the British accent helps.
I love his little lip twitch in Home Alone
100 Clues Mirroring CLUE
So many similarities :D
- The bellhop/telegram lady - During the original movie, a telegram girl arrives at the doors to sing a little song (before being shot), in Psych, a bellhop comes to the Psych office to give Shawn an invitation from an unknown host.
- Three actors from the original CLUE movie guest starred - In CLUE we had Martin Mull as Colonel Mustard who has taken the manager in Psych, Christopher Lloyd as Professor Plum who has taken on the author, and Lesley Ann Warren as Miss Scarlet who took on the role of the groupie.
- The Rain – In both instances, it’s pouring murder outside.
- During the title sequence, they used the clue cards alongside the actors name and weapon – In both CLUE and Psych, this is used. However, in CLUE, it is used as the ending credits.
- A body is found in the freezer - In Psych, Highway Harry was found in the kitchen freezer while in CLUE, the cook was found in the kitchen freezer. Both were stabbed in the back. The only difference remains that Harry was stabbed by an ice pick (I don’t believe Frank-N-Furter was the killer on this one) and the cook was stabbed a knife.
- 1+2+1 Line – In the original CLUE movie, Wadsworth recites the line “One plus two plus two plus one” while in Psych, Shawn recites a similar line (sadly I was unable to catch the exact quote).
- There is a secret passageway in the living room – In CLUE, the passageway leads to a secret tunnel, but in Psych it leads to a small room filled with toupees.
- The chandelier – In the original movie, the chandelier crashes in the front foyer. In Psych, the chandelier fell in the music room.
- Lesley Ann Warren is accused of being the killer in both showings.
- One of the guests is found dead but is actually still alive - That being Mr. Body in the CLUE while the manager in Psych.
- They ran about the house explaining what happened – Tim Curry as Wadsworth is the one that explains it all in CLUE, running about the house in a frenzied manner and having but in Psych, Shawn is the one that runs about
- The Butler was the killer – Wadsworth was the murderer in CLUE while Clizby was the murderer in Psych.
- Slapping - Shawn slaps quite a few people in Psych while everyone seems to slap Mr. Green.
- Go Make Love To Our Wives – ‘Gus and I are going to go home and make love to our wives’ – Quote from Psych. ‘I’m gonna go home and sleep with my wife’ – Quote from Clue.
Proud of this episode!
Tim Curry as Billy Flynn with some of the cast of Criminal Minds
It’s common sense not to talk to someone in the sewer
But when you see a clown that knows your name in the sewer, walk the fuck away
This is me, Eliza Thornberry, part of your average family. I’ve got a dad, a mom, and a sister. There is Donnie - we found him. And Darwin, he found us. Oh yeah, about our house - it moves, because we travel all over the world. You see, my dad hosts this nature show, and my mom shoots it. Okay, so we’re not that average. And between you and me, something amazing happened… and now I can talk to animals. It’s really cool, but totally secret. And you know what? Life’s never been the same.
When you haven’t watched this show in literally 7 years and can still read this in your head in her exact voice, and remember what parts to emphasise…
This was my favorite show and oh my gosh, I remember being so jealous of Eliza’s life.
Still trying to figure out how Debbie’s trousers stayed up like wtf
Debbie is Ke$ha in another life.
Nigel always looks possessed.
He was voiced by Tim Curry, of course he’s possessed.
Over The Top
Little Girl: Steven Priminger hit me!
Simon Ferguson: Well that's just his prepubescent way of asking you for a date. Kick him in the groin and say; Yes.
Tim Curry at the Neva Puppy Charity in ‘97.
Taken By Angela Egic
And if my voice
Starts suddenly shaking
Don’t be confused anymore
It’s just the sound of my heart breaking
Ship to shore
I believe I just had a dream about Tim Curry being a close friend (or family member, I was never fully able to catch that part)
It was strange and I wish my alarm hadn’t woke me up for I really wish I could have seen where that was going.
I turn on my TV and who’s there?
These two amazing actors.
Tim Curry Life Mask from Stephen Kings ‘It’
This car makes me want to weep and then die.